When booking any procedure with Lotus you will first have an online surgery consultation. You surgeon will assess your information and images and provide you with a full treatment plan and quote. This surgery consultation is free and you are under no obligation to book by using this service. When you arrive in Thailand you will meet with your surgeon and have a face to face surgery consultation. In this surgery consultation you will discuss the surgeon’s feedback that was provided in your online consultation and together you will decide on a final surgical plan. This is your chance to ask your surgeon everything you need and want to know before having the procedure so it is a good idea to prepare for your surgery consultation to make sure you cover everything. We have put together a list of questions and things to consider when preparing for your surgery consultation.
1. What are all my options? Are there alternatives to what has initially been recommended?
2. Does what I have been recommended fit in with my desired outcome and result?
3. You may want to bring in photos of the type of results you like.
4. How long will the procedure take?
5. How long will I be in recovery after the procedure?
6. How many nights will I need to stay in hospital (this would have already been discussed prior to the face to face consultation but if the surgical plan changes the amount of time you need to spend in hospital may change also.)
7. How will I feel when I wake up?
8. How many follow up appointments will I have?
9. Is there any aftercare I should be following before my first follow up?
10. What will I need to do when I go home?
11. If having breast augmentation, is it recommended to massage the implants once I return home?
12. How long do I have to wear my compression or support garment for?
13. When will I be able to exercise again?
14. When will I be able to return to work?
15. When will I be able to shower normally or swim?
16. If I have any question when I return home what is the procedure?
17. Will I ever need to have a second surgery?
18. Will I need stitches? Will they need to be removed or are they dissolvable?
19. What medication will I be required to take after surgery?
20. If you are currently on any medication or supplements you may need to stop taking these before you surgery date so email your coordinator to check.
Your medical assistant from Lotus will be able to answer many of these questions for you already so if any of these apply to you please feel free to email us at [email protected]. It’s a good idea to have thought about the questions you would like to ask before your surgery consultation. You can have as much time as you need with your surgeon in your surgery consultation. You can ask your Lotus medical assistant as many questions as you need and you can email us at any time, we’re happy to help.