Blogbreast augmentationbreast liftcosmetic surgeryFace LiftLiposuctionPhuketplastic surgeryRhinoplastyThailandTummy Tuck
Do’s and don’ts recommended by Lotus and our Top Class Surgeons
February 13, 2017 by Grainne Farrell0
Opting to have cosmetic surgery is always a big decision. As you have chosen to book your surgery through Lotus Medical International you can be rest assured that your surgery will be performed by top class surgeons in a superb hospital. You can also be confident that you will receive the highest level of care.
There are some things that you can do to enhance your experience. We have put together a small list of do’s and don’ts to facilitate you during your surgery and recovery.
Do’s – recommended by Lotus and our Top Class Surgeons:
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself well hydrated in the days before and after your surgery.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in the days before and the weeks after your surgery. If at all possible eat raw foods; the nutrients that these provide can help the body to heal quicker.
- Relax as much as possible for the days before your surgery and get plenty of sleep. We know that it is only natural to get a bit nervous but do your best to relax, you are in good hands.
- Why not try a Thai massage the day before to help to rid your body of toxins and to help you get in to a really relaxed state before your surgery.
- Make sure that you have a lot of loose fitting clothes with you. Your movement may be slightly restricted after surgery, depending on the type of surgery that you have, it is best to have clothes that are easy to get on and off.
- If you are in any pain or feel sick at any time after your surgery ask for medication. Although rare this can sometimes be a side effect of the pain relief medication. If you are no longer in the hospital and you feel like you need more medication, call your Lotus Medical Representative and they will organise it for you.
- Follow the advice that our top class surgeons have given you before surgery
- Give yourself ample time to rest and recover after your surgery. Try to do as little as possible for as long as possible. You will be able to resume most activities within a few days but please give yourself time to rest every day.
- Inform your flight company that you have had surgery. Flight companies like to know this information and quite often they will try to accommodate you by giving you more room on the plane and by making sure you are well looked after during your flight.
- Ask our top class surgeons if they recommend that you take aspirin or wear flight stockings during your flight home.
- Call your Lotus Medical Assistant if you need anything.
- Enjoy the results and the new you!
Don’ts- recommended by Lotus and our Top Class Surgeons:
- Smoke or drink alcohol for the days before and after your surgery if at all possible. Capsular contraction after Breast Augmentation Surgery is twice as common in women who smoke so if you can, try to stop in the weeks immediately before and after your surgery.
- Many people choose to stay in a spa to help them on their road to recovery after their surgery and this is a great idea. Just be aware that any type of massage is contraindicated for a couple of weeks after surgery as it can increase the chances of blood clot formation.
- Don’t try to do too much in the days after your surgery. It takes time for the body to heal after surgery, please listen to what your body is telling you and take time to relax; it will pay dividends in the long run.
- Don’t fly too soon after your surgery. The major airlines recommend that you do not fly for 10 days after major surgery. We endorse this however you can fly home as soon as your stitches have been removed.
- Don’t be afraid to ask us or our top class surgeons questions no matter how small. We have an experienced team on hand to support you before, during and after your surgery. If you have any questions, even if they may seem silly, ask either one of your medical team or your Lotus Medical assistant.